Sunday, March 20, 2011

A note of Thanks to Marie and Michelle

10/21/2007



Dear Marie and Michelle:



I just obtained a copy of the book on Friday night at the Doylestown Hospital Bereavement Group for Young Surviving Partners and I thank you both for writing the book and sharing Bob and what you lived through. I applaud your courage, devotion and all the words I can not find that would begin to do justice to what you dealt with in the loss of Bob and the ordeal of coping with his decline and death. He was a remarkable man and the kind of person that made the world a better place. If there were more people like Bob, the world would be more like heaven here on earth. From your account, it looks like you two had a bit of heaven on earth because of the way Bob treated you and the unwaivering bond that was there until the end.




I also liked the passage chosen on Bob's prayer card that recently appeared on my fathers prayer card (he died of cancer on 9-29-07). The declines that I experienced over time with my wife really hit me hard as I read the book. I hope that the book creates more awareness of frontemporal dementia and your willingness to work for the betterment of others afflicted with this illness is admirable. You are both good people. I am fortunate to have to have read the book and I plan to share it with a coworker who lost a family member to another form of dementia. The world needs more people like you! You are both genuinely kind and you are making a difference in a lot of people's lives and I feel that Bob lives on through you. I wish that I could have met him.



Thanks for sharing and for making a difference. Len G

No comments:

Post a Comment